USMC pen kit help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terwin

Does anyone know if there is a USMC pen kit out there??? I have a good freind that is retireing and he was a USMC sniper and thought a pen would be a nice gift. If there isn't then does anyone have any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USMCLtcol

Here's a link to a clip for a Euro:
http://woodpenpro.com/patriot_clips/0068_patriot_clip_us_marine_corps.html

Here's a link for a cigar pen:
http://woodpenpro.com/pen_kits/0554_cigar_pen_kit_star-studded_patriot.html

I have also seen some pen blanks with service ribbons embedded in clear acrylic. Like this one:
http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=318083

Being a sniper I think the bullet pen is definitely a good idea - just needs to a be the real thing (bullet and brass case).

havighurst

I made a pen for a Marine sniper, but it was the 50 cal. kit. He used the 50 cal. in combat so it was a better option for me. I used a camo blank for the tip. Now I wish I would have taken a picture of it.

leestoresund

Marine pen

Here's one with the Eagle Globe and Anchor from Sgt. Grit.

M3 blank on a Triton

I got a local jeweler to bend it to the correct diameter.

Lee

Attachments

• DSCN1800.JPG
    DSCN1800.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 804

jskeen

here's a couple of ideas, not really specific to Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, but might be something applicable for you. The clip is a standard slimline, but could be substituted with any slimline clip. The casing is GI 30 caliber FMJ, as are the centerband and finial.

Attachments

• PICT0107.JPG
    PICT0107.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 565
  • PICT0098.JPG
    PICT0098.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 635

jskeen

So Neil, were you suggesting making a pen from version A, or B? A would be fairly easy to come up with, but I get the impression that for version B to be genuine, one would need to convince it's owner to give it up, which might pose a problem assuming that said owner was still breathing. Of course the same could be said of A, but the original owners of those usually don't shoot back at you, (and very rarely miss). I assume that, like most truly valuable things in life, a recreation of version b would be of little intrinsic value, correct?

Attachments

• Warthog-tusks.jpg
    Warthog-tusks.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,283
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 344

ribanett

Tracy,

Here is a different design.

Made this one using a decal of an image I took off the USMC website. I am sure that there is an insignia for MC Snipers that could be used.

usmc1.jpg

cozee

I make .223, .308,.45, and .50cal pens for fellow jar heads and docs. Typically, engraving receives the best responses as you can add personal information such as rank, unit(s), MOS, call signs, years of service, and/or other info.

Dan26

Decals work pretty well also. You can do it on any kit you have and add his name and years of service.

Attachments

• Marine---Maple.jpg
    Marine---Maple.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 450

danowenby

Marine Decal Pen

Decals work pretty well also. You can do it on any kit you have and add his name and years of service.

Jeff,
How is this made up? Is the barrel turned, the decal applied, then finished with CA, or acrylic dipped, etc? Our son is graduating MCRD PI in December, and this would be a perfect gift for me to make for him!

Thanks!
danowenby

CrimsonKeel

I made a coworker a couple usmc pens both bolt action in gold with red acrylic blank. I then had usmc lazer engraved on the sides of them. he really liked them.

danowenby

I know the guy at lazerlinez, and will look into the laser kit. I've used his kits before, and they are first class!! Would like to build the "decal" pen, tho. It looks interesting, especially if turned small, decal applied, the cast in acrylic to protect it. Any advice?

Thanks!!

hard hat

null_zps2ac1e662.jpg

The left one was for mom, other two for dad. Flipped the rifle over so it was visible while writing.

Hope these help

PaulDoug

If you go on the internet and search, well here:

marine corps emblem clip art - Bing Images

There are all kinds of clip art images of Marine Corps emblems. You can save any of the pictures you want they are free. There is a great tutorial here in the library on making decal pens, I believe. Yep, here it is:

http://content.penturners.org/library/pen_blanks/decal_blank.pdf

Make your own decal and use it on the pen. You can resize the picture to use on a pen using one of the free photo editing software off the internet, I use Photoscape:

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/download.php

Last edited:

danowenby

Aw,man,y'all are great. Thank you so much! Hope to be able to help you as much as you have helped me someday!!!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
So Neil, were you suggesting making a pen from version A, or B? A would be fairly easy to come up with, but I get the impression that for version B to be genuine, one would need to convince it's owner to give it up, which might pose a problem assuming that said owner was still breathing. Of course the same could be said of A, but the original owners of those usually don't shoot back at you, (and very rarely miss). I assume that, like most truly valuable things in life, a recreation of version b would be of little intrinsic value, correct?
Nothing like a long delay in answering a question...lol.
I definetly meant "B" and while I know you can buy an imitation online, the real ones have a little special feature that I will not mention online and noone that has earned one will either. As far as getting someone to give one up...I did. I gave mine to my nephew after he made it through the school. I still have one that belonged to my brother and another one that was my fathers and was given to me after I graduated from the school. As far as taking one from someone that earned it...good luck and leave a will.:wink:

Top Bottom