A useful trick.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi All,

Here's a trick that could come in useful if your tube gets stuck before it's all the way in. ( Not that we would ever admit to it [8D])
Drop the blank it very hot water for about 20 seconds or so till you hear a 'click' or two.Thats the CA letting go. (I don't know if it will work on wood, but I don't see why not) Then hold the blank in a rag and use the back of the drill bit to push it out. To prove it wasn't a fluke, when I changed the blank on my B Bash Emperor, I did it again to see if I could save the finished blank.
Here's the new pen with the saved bits.
If anyone know if it works on wood, let us know:)

2007528162840_100_1485.jpg

redfishsc

It would work on some woods, but may crack others. More than likely we'd just have to plop it in and say a prayer.

You can also plop a wood blank in acetone for a while and check to see if the CA has dissolved. I would exect that would be a bit more safe than hot water.

This is part of the reason I prefer to use epoxy---- slow setting... but we all use CA at some point or other.

DocRon

The last time that happened to me, a couple of weeks ago, I cut it off flush and inserted it from the other end. Probably wound up with a small area in the middle unsupported, but didn't seem to hurt. I usea fine toothed Testor's or Exacto hobby saw, like a miniature back saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom