Used Wrong Drill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PMisiaszek

I drilled several blanks with an 11/32 drill when I should have used an "O". I've been planning to give poly glue a try. Will the expansion of the poly glue be enough to both fill the gap and keep the tube in the barrel?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Like Lou said that is a lot of space to fill (approx .030 or 1/32")... I don't know if I would want to try it with a load of epoxy. Even if you get the tubes to glue in tight, there is no quarantee that they will be centered.. this could lead to a big problem when you get to the nib end of the pen... you could end up cutting right into the epoxy...
As Wayne asked what kit is this for...

Fred in NC

First of all, .030" diameter is .015" from the tube to the blank.

A suggestion... make the tube bigger on the outside. Maybe about 4 layers of paper epoxied around the tube will do. Or glue a layer of cotton string around the tube, and then turn down to fit.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by Fred in NC
<br />First of all, .030" diameter is .015" from the tube to the blank.

A suggestion... make the tube bigger on the outside. Maybe about 4 layers of paper epoxied around the tube will do. Or glue a layer of cotton string around the tube, and then turn down to fit.

I concur.

Made this mistake once and salvaged it with a layer of construction paper glued to the tube.

TomServo

Those are awesome ideas, guys! I'll have to file that in the back of my head.. My initial reaction to the poly glue was, the pressure from expanding could cause it to crack once it's turned down..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom