Ultra Cigar Clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

soligen

I like the clip on the Ultra Cigar, but I dont like the rest of the kit. Does anyone know where to buy just the clip?

I'd also be intersted in a source for plain nib sections for the cigar - no bands or fancyness.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I like the clip on the Ultra Cigar, but I dont like the rest of the kit. Does anyone know where to buy just the clip?

I'd also be intersted in a source for plain nib sections for the cigar - no bands or fancyness.

Thanks

Not sure if this is something to consider but you can swap out the cigar parts with other cigar kits. But to be sure always use your calipers.

soligen

Not sure if this is something to consider but you can swap out the cigar parts with other cigar kits. But to be sure always use your calipers.

Yes thats an option. I just dont want to pay for 2 kits for one pen. thats why I asked about different tip sections, as replacing it on an ultra kit is a slightly less flexible alternative.

I may need to try to make a tip, but then it won't match the clip.

BTW, should I be calling that part the nib or tip or something else?

ldb2000

Dennis , the clips are not available as a stock part but you might be able to talk your supplier of the kits to sell you a few but if they have to break up a kit then I would doubt it . As of this time there are very few clips that are available as separate parts (mainly slimline , euro and cigar) although as time is going on and a market is beginning to form for them , some smart businessman might start looking for ways to fill the need .
The tips are called several different things , Nibs , Nose cones , Tips .... there is no set name for them but nib seems to be the most accepted .

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Nib/tip or something else

Yes thats an option. I just dont want to pay for 2 kits for one pen. thats why I asked about different tip sections, as replacing it on an ultra kit is a slightly less flexible alternative.

I may need to try to make a tip, but then it won't match the clip.

BTW, should I be calling that part the nib or tip or something else?
Well the short answer to your last question is "Yes your should" I've heard and seen it referred to as both..Rizheng calls them tips.

ldb2000

I agree with Rick about woodnwhimsies being your best bet for replacement parts for a standard cigar . I just bought a load of the standard cigar clips in several platings , I like the simple design and the overall strength and flexibility of them and use them allot on my custom work , but since you are looking for the FANCY ultra cigar clip , like I said the person you get your kits from will be your best bet .
As for the nibs the cigar kits only come in one style , with the groves and bands , that is a design feature of the cigar kit , no one makes a cigar kit without those features . If you want a different look , try what Eric did in the challenge thread . I like the look of that and will by trying a few that way myself .

Last edited:
Top Bottom