Ugly pen???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenamison

I had a customer tell me that this was the ugliest pen they have seen. I actually think it's one of the prettiest I have made to date. That made me so mad I just wanted to (*&%*&(&%(***&)__ that customer!!!

200551215058_Pens%20104pt.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

There is that ART thing again, don't get upset, different strokes for different folks.
I would love to own the PEN ! I think it is beautifull [:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

My other half and I joke about this all the time. We look at our own work, sometimes loving it, sometimes far less enamored, but some customer will come along and LOVE it.

Recently, 2 women walked up to our booth and typified this, woman 1 picked up a pen (Cigar) and made very snide comments about its design and weight and color. She ended with the exclamation, "I don't know WHO would buy such a thing!!" Her question was answered when her female partner BOUGHT the pen-different strokes....

Ignore the comments you don't like-wait for the next viewer.

Fleabit

Each to his/her own! My very first pen I sold was what I thought was a total flop. One looks and he snarfed it right up! Great looking pen by the way!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If she bought the pen, she obviously liked it. The comments about how ugly it was could have been an attempt to get you to lower the price.

Sometimes ignoring these attempts is a GREAT way to handle them. WELL DONE!!!

esheffield

I like 'em! Nice looking pens to this beholder's eye. (But then again, I'm one of those who thinks Picasso was a hack! I prefer Monet myself.)

For some reason this reminded me of a woman I saw on Antiques Roadshow - had a table that she HATED. Said her husband bought it and she thought it was the ugliest thing ever. The appraiser told her it was actually very collectible and worth several thousand dollars. He asked if she had changed her mind about. She emphatically said "NO! You want to buy it?" For some reason that cracked me up! [;)]

Fred in NC

Very nice pens! I like them, but to each his own.

Some people like Bic sticks, because they can chew on them. Talk about ugly, especially after a just a few chews.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by jenamison
<br />Well I appreciate the comments and I guess I'll let this customer live, this time[:D][:D][:D]...BTW can you believe she still bought it. At life a funny game!

She BOUGHT it?!? Now that is a punch line[:D][:eek:)][:D] Thanks for the update, and for identifying the wood. I agree with the others, I like it, and either she did, or bought it for someone she didn't like. Either way, you got a sale.

jdavis

Second the comment about ugly for cheaper price. Never know about likes and dislikes of customers. Happens to me all the time in the auction business and dealers are the world's worst to try and get something for nothing. Congrats on the sale.

knottyharry

I think it is a very awesome looking pen. And I agree with the others I would sure like to have it in my collection.
People are funny in what they like and dislike.
Don't let them shake you up.
Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom