types of carteridge pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drayman

hi all, i was just wondering if its possible to have a carteridge pen in fountain and or rollerball, many thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

I'm not sure what you mean by cartridge.

If you mean a pen that allows you to use a bottle of custom color ink, I am fairly sure your only option is a fountain pen.

However, most of the fountain pen kits available can be very easily changed from a fountain to a rollerball-- simply buy both kits and swap the nibs.

drayman

gary, thanks thats what i mean, sorry for the confusion.[:I] i have made a .308 rifle casing pen with antler and was asked if i could do one as a fountain pen.but i have not seen one.

Sylvanite

Originally posted by drayman

I have made a .308 rifle casing pen ... and was asked if i could do one as a fountain pen.
Hmmm, that sounds like a challenge :D. Were you thinking of:
1) having the nib come out of the case mouth,
2) using a cartridge as the cap,
3) using a cartridge in the pen body,
4) a split cartridge, or
5) something else?

Regards,
Eric

Ligget

Colin the small end of the .308 casing is very small, I doubt you would be able to make a fountain pen from it.

However, bet someone can do it![:I]

Texasbeachbum

Is this what you are talking about?? These are 458 Cal elephant gun cartridges

200842417596_fountian%20pens%20006.jpg

Texasbeachbum

I did another one just like the one with the Mopane wood and I left the gold piece off the end of the cartridge and it looks a lot better.

sbell111

Originally posted by Texasbeachbum

I did another one just like the one with the Mopane wood and I left the gold piece off the end of the cartridge and it looks a lot better.
Those are pretty awesome. What kit did they start out as?

drayman

hi texasbeachbum, those pens are awesome and thanks for showing them.[:p][:p] that is the sort of thing i wanted, where did you get the kit from,and also the shell cases? many thanks colin.

Texasbeachbum

I got the cases from the guy that wanted the pens made. He sent them to me. The one in the final pen was the cartridge that he shot his elephant with. The wood is what they used as firewood on the trip. He said it was the last time he would ever get to go and it was his first and only elephant. He uses the pen daily and loves it.

Top Bottom