Two-tone nibs?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Does any one really sell these? So many kit descriptions say they come with the two-tone nibs, but they always come in either solid silver or sold gold (colored) I love the Sterling silver and black on the churchill FP kit I just made, but I don't really like the one color nib in gold on this kit. Same goes for my Jr Statesman pen, it's listed with a 2-tone nib, but it's all silver.

I am thinking about the Gentlemans pen as I like the nib holder shape and it too is listed as a "two-tone nib" in the latest catalog, yet I just get the feeling that it will not have it.

So, does any of the pen makers REALLY have these or what? The info for the Gentlemans pen really pushes it as a "top quaility German made two-tone nib with iridium point" Kinda misleading as I have never made a FP kit that has come with a nib that is not one color.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

All of the baron's that I have are two-tone nib. The titanium gold gents and jr gents have the two-tone nibs. The rhodium jr gents are silver color, and I don't remember what's on the gent.

LanceD

Originally posted by Firefyter-emt
<br />Hmmmm.. So the gold Jr. Gent might just have the 2-tone nib, Eh?

Does the Baron turn on the same bushings as the Jr Gent VII? Or do I need the Berea bushings?

You need the Berea bushings for the Baron.

Firefyter-emt

Well, I spoke to CSUSA today and it seems like the don't really have ANY KITS with this nib. They told me most of their supplier has stopped making them. This really burns me as the 2-tone nib really makes the look of some of these pen kits like the gold edged Jr. Statesman, yet they still have all the kits showing them and the description telling just how nice the two-tone nib looks. There have been a few new catalouges sent without the change. I just ordered a Gentlemans pen and asked if they can dig thru the kits to see if they have one, but again I have a feeling it will be just a plain looking nib. [V]

bjackman

Lee,
All the El Grande kits come with two tone nibs. For chrome or plat kits I usually buff off the gold part for an all silver nib with very slight gold accents left in the lines. It's a neat look. I'm surprised the churchill doesn't come with the two tone nibs as it's guts are pretty much the same kit as an EG. I don't care much for the look, so I haven't made any though.

gerryr

I have a sterling silver Churchill with me and it has a two-tone nib. If you really want a two-tone nib on a Jr. Gent/Statesman, order an extra Baron nib from Berea. They're the same size and interchangeable. Or just order the Baron. The Baron has a lot more plating options available than the Jr. Gentleman and has an infinitely better looking nib on the rollerball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom