Two new pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scoobiehome

I just completed these two pens, this evening! Please share your thoughts. I'm new to pen turning, started last November.

One pen is made from an Australian Bankesia Pod, given to me as a gift, from my brother!

The Eastern Cedar was bought from a fellow IAP member 'Slabs, Blnks and Boards'

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 292
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey! So you and I both started turning about the same time. I also started last November. :cool:
Now about your pens, I love the blanks, but they look a bit too fat for my taste. Since I started selling my pens at a local Crafts fair, I've noticed that people in general prefer the thin type of pen. Just my 2 cents :)

RogerH

Nice work. I agree with Ulises, though. I find that less fat or stylized pens tend to sell better at run of the mill or average art shows, craft fairs, county fairs, etc.

Have fun.

switch62

Very nice pens. The Banksia pods are always interesting.

The Banksia looks like if you had turned it to a straight slimline you would of lost all the seed pods. Depending on the pod, IMHO, the banksia pod would be better suited to the larger pens.

I've made the fat slimlines (not as fat as these) and the women seem to like them. Though that is only family and friends so far.

PS I started pen turning in December last year.

Top Bottom