twist rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

altaciii

I know I have seen a rollerball that has a twist mechanism. I can't seem to find one that doesn't have a detachable cap. I have an order for rollerball pens in a euro style. Is that available?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
All of the twist pen kits require the use of a "transmission" to extend and retract the refill. None of them will accept the standard roller ball refills. You can, however, use a gel refill in the Parker-style kits and there are liquid ink ballpoint refills on the market for both the Parker- and Cross-styles.

altaciii

Thanks Lou,

I thought for sure there was a rollerball in a Euro style. The only problem I've seen with the gel type refills is that they don't look like they belong on the nib. The writing tip seems to belong on something other than say the sierra or cigar. Is there a gel type refill that as the same lines as the Parker when extended?

redfishsc

I believe roller ball cartidges will dry out if not capped. Likely the reason you can't find a kit without a cap.

The Pilot G2 refill will not dry out, most of them are click pens, but their refill fits our rollerball cap pens quite well. I'd love to see a kit click pen that uses the G2 refill

heinedan

Depending upon how badly you want this: RETRO 51 has a rollerball pen that twists in and out:

http://www.pencity.com/cgi-bin/Soft...cRollerball.htm?L+scstore+vuhq2141+1216925510

You might want to but one of these, dissassemble it, and take a look at the twist mechanism. OR, you might want to conbtact the company, and see if they will sell you the innards seperately.

I just wanted to offer this as confirmation that this type of pen does exist. Just for fun, take a look at this one too, a retractable fountain pen!!:

http://www.pencity.com/cgi-bin/Soft...FountainPen.htm?L+scstore+vuhq2141+1216926286

Good Luck,
Dan

jdoug5170

I have had the retractable Pilot fountain pen now for about 6 years and it is my everyday pen option at this point...(haven't made myself a f/p yet). Great design, wish we had a kit for it.

bitshird

Thanks Lou,

I thought for sure there was a rollerball in a Euro style. The only problem I've seen with the gel type refills is that they don't look like they belong on the nib. The writing tip seems to belong on something other than say the sierra or cigar. Is there a gel type refill that as the same lines as the Parker when extended?

Alex, Parker makes a Gel refill that is identical to their ballpoint refill, same nib, and is available at walmart and office depot , kind of expensive, but they last a lot longer than the Chinese refills that come with the kits.
I bought some off eBay and that was a mistake they apparently were rejects, half of them wouldn't write.
Woodnwhimsies is carrying gel parker style refills, but not sure what the nib looks like, from their picture it looks like a regular ball nib, Gels write as or nearly as smooth as rollerballs, and the ink is smear resistant.

Top Bottom