Twist Mechanism Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mcmorrison

A friend brought me a pen to try and fix. The twist mechanism is broken. I took it apart and went to replace it with a 7mm mechanism but the tube opening is just larger than the typical mechanisms I have? The mechanism measures just over 7mm itself. The mechanism has a white plastic bottom that is wider? Sorry I can't post a picture of it. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any help on the size and where I might get a new one? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

Without seeing a picture, it sounds like one of the mechanisms WC sold(sells) with their Slimlines. If so, the mechanism you need to replace should be about 3/8 inches shorter than a normal Slimline mechanism. If that is the case you can use a normal length mechanism. You'll have to press it in farther and check refill extension carefully as you do so, but it should work OK.

mcmorrison

More information

I have found a picture on the internet. If you google "twist pen mechanism" and then click "images" one of the images that comes up has an overlay that says something like "alibaba.com" and there are 5 different mechanisms shown. The one I'm looking for is the middle one with the white plastic bottom. That is all I have been able to find. Any information on what it is or where I could get one would be appreciated. Thanks!

jttheclockman

I have found a picture on the internet. If you google "twist pen mechanism" and then click "images" one of the images that comes up has an overlay that says something like "alibaba.com" and there are 5 different mechanisms shown. The one I'm looking for is the middle one with the white plastic bottom. That is all I have been able to find. Any information on what it is or where I could get one would be appreciated. Thanks!

Is this the photo?? Any of these work here??? http://www.richardlgreenwald.com/pe...rt=20a&zenid=6f0891e4479c2179642dbd8bf98705de

pen_twist_mechanisms.jpg

Last edited:

mcmorrison

Yes, that is the picture. Thanks for posting it! It is the one in the middle with the white plastic base. I don't see it exactly on the link you provided but I will check the specs to see if one of those might work. Thanks so much for posting! Sorry I'm not more computer savvy.

jttheclockman

Yes, that is the picture. Thanks for posting it! It is the one in the middle with the white plastic base. I don't see it exactly on the link you provided but I will check the specs to see if one of those might work. Thanks so much for posting! Sorry I'm not more computer savvy.

No problem. 3 pages of trannys there so one of them should work.

Top Bottom