Twist Cap Pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark4583

I tried a couple of the Cigar pens with the Twist on Caps from Penn St. and they seem to be a pain to twist the cap on both ends, Got to align the threads very carfully to keep from crossing them.
All these Pens like this or only the Penn St. ones? I like the style but as a costumer I wouldnt be very satisfied if I had that much trouble putting the cap back on my pen.
Any thoughts?

Also the pens that have the cap the just fits on the end without the threads, Do they mar the ends?
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

I still turn some PSI stuff, but have never tried their Cigars... Berea or CSUSA only for those and if you're talking about the ball point twist pen, no threads on them. PSI has a Cigar RB, IIRC, but I haven't tried it so I can't be of help there. I don't think the others do that one.

I still like the PSI Polaris equally with the Berea Atlas and use it for some platings. But that's just me.

DocStram

I've pretty much given up an PSI also. Nice people, helpful when you call, but when all is said and done ... I end up disappointed with the quality of the hardware.

arioux

Hi,

Psi has some good kits some bad ones and some really really bad ones. It seems that everything kit that have a thread (screw cap) are the really really bad ones. Thread are too tight or completely off and wear down in minutes. All my flat top comes from Berea, much much better screw caps quality.

Alfred

mrcook4570

I once bought 10 of those big ben rb & fp kits. The quality controller was very consistent. All 10 had a poor excuse for threads.

OSCAR15

I agree with alamocdc and jdavis. I use Penn State, and yes I have had the same trouble with their screw ons (I won't buy them from PSI anymore). But other PSI kits are terriffic. I but their Polaris, Combo (pen & pencil in one) and slimlines. Have been very pleased with all of them. PSI service is excellent. Jdavis says he has trouble from all vendors. I agree. It is not so much the vendor as the individual product. Click pens from Berea gave me trouble with the fit. I won't buy any more of these from Berea. When all is said and done, we are fashioning beautiful pens based on CHEAPLY (made in China) kits.
I would LOVE to see someone sell kits made in Switzerland (where quality means something). OSCAR

Originally posted by Mark4583
<br />I tried a couple of the Cigar pens with the Twist on Caps from Penn St. and they seem to be a pain to twist the cap on both ends, Got to align the threads very carfully to keep from crossing them.
All these Pens like this or only the Penn St. ones? I like the style but as a costumer I wouldnt be very satisfied if I had that much trouble putting the cap back on my pen.
Any thoughts?

Also the pens that have the cap the just fits on the end without the threads, Do they mar the ends?
Thanks

JimGo

Oscar,
Unfortunately, those kits would probably cost 2-5x the current cost. We could make up the difference by raising our prices, but others will still buy the stuff made in countries with cheap labor, and thus they'll be able to sell their comparable (at least looking) pens for a lot less than we can.

OSCAR15

JimGo: Alas you are right. It is getting so now that we cannot buy ANYTHING not produced in China. Even high end power tools! And we wonder why our economy is so bad? OSCAR

Pipes

I just did one it actually is my first pen and it works perfect I got a few more a those to do ! I hope there is not a problem but seemed simple to me ! IMO only now and what I know I am a newbie !

[img=http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/605/firstpend6rp.th.jpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom