tutorial on 50 BMG pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pssherman

Jeff just posted a new tutorial, on the home page, on how to make a 50 BMG pen. I would like to thank Gary Greenberg (GaryMGg) for his work on editing the final copy.

For those who asked for, and about, this tutorial, it is finally done. I kept the pictures small so that it would'nt run into too many pages. Hope this will help those who have tried or wanted to try to make the 50 BMG pen.

Thanks

Paul in AR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

Paul,
Your tutorial was well written; I did very little editing. You deserve all the credit.
I made some very minor edits and did some formatting that hopefully tied the text and images together more tightly.
I understood all your instructions.
Thanks for making time to write the tutorial for the members to use and enjoy.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I want to thank you so much for taking the time and energy to do this project. Well Done! I am looking to buy the parts to do this project, and was wondering who offers these types of parts?

Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge, I am a better pen maker for having read the tutorial!

Thumbs

Paul, very well done. Clear and explicit! You seem to have covered most all the different methods and options. I have a couple of the casings but have no idea where to obtain just a couple of the slugs. Any ideas? Also, will you be doing any sales of the casings &/or slugs for the other members here?

Again, congratulations on a job well done which I'm sure will be appreciated by many others as well. Thanks.:)

pssherman

Thanks for the comments.

I have a couple hundred of the casings and bullets available. All of the casings have had their necks rounded out and sized. Some are also polished and powder coated (clear gloss). All of the bullets are or will have the tracer material drilled out. I am concerned that USPS may consider the tracer material as "hazardous" and refuse to ship them or distroy them if discovered during shipping. Some are avaiable in all stages of processing shown in the tutorial.

I am doing a show this weekend, setup begins this afternoon, so it may be a few days before I can work up prices. When I have a price list I will post it in the classified forum.

Paul in AR

Daniel

Originally posted by Rojo22

I want to thank you so much for taking the time and energy to do this project. Well Done! I am looking to buy the parts to do this project, and was wondering who offers these types of parts?

Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge, I am a better pen maker for having read the tutorial!

Exactly what I have ben wondering, for quite a while now. I finally got down to really searching and found at least one source for bullets and Brass.
Bullet: http://www.polygunbag.com/bullets.html Item BU24
Brass: http://www.polygunbag.com/brass.html Item BR17

Anyone interested in putting together a buy on this?
You cannot live in, AK, CA (Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco), HI, Cook County IL, MA, NY City,or Washington DC.
They will not ship to P.O Boxes and you must provide a fax or photocopy of you Drivers license/I.D.

Sort of looks like remailing them to members could become a problem.
maybe drilling out the bullets would make mailing them anywhere legal.

Top Bottom