Turning Cypress Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

I have a couple of small pieces of Cypress wood that was under water for 120 years. It came from a friend that works for a high end wood shop. H gave me a couple of pieces that are 1 1/2 x 12 x 1 thick. Has anyone turned any of this wood. It looks to be tight grained and light in weight. But hey, free wood is free wood.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

I have a couple of small pieces of Cypress wood that was under water for 120 years. It came from a friend that works for a high end wood shop. H gave me a couple of pieces that are 1 1/2 x 12 x 1 thick. Has anyone turned any of this wood. It looks to be tight grained and light in weight. But hey, free wood is free wood.

I've turned Cypress but no idea if it had been under water. Turned great.

Rockytime

I turned some bog oak. The wood was a very dark, almost black and I could see no discernible grain pattern before or after turning. One thing tho, it was hard as a rock. I turned it with carbide. It was the first and last one I turned. I gave it to the guy who gave me the wood. He deserved it. He owns a high end cabinet shop and claimed it was from a bridge that was destroyed during the Civil War. But who knows.

Top Bottom