turning between centers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

After having some bad times with a ca finish sticking to the bushings and kinda wrecking the pen, I want to finish between centers, I looked at the turning between centers article in the library and i couldnt find the thing he used for headstock side. I was just wondering where you get that stuff?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Penturnersproducts.com. or however you spell it, johnnycnc sells dead centers. A live center you can get from him too.

Lenny

Yes, John has them as well as Victor, I belive, (member LandfillLumber ).... they are also availabe from Grizzly and others.
The one thing that sometimes isn't mentioned, but is almost essential for TBC, is a short tool rest. With a little ingenuity you could probably make one, or you can get one from Rick Herrell or Johnnycnc.
Very little is required to tbc but some things do make it easier!

ToddMR

Very true Lenny, I got me a 3.25 tool rest from Rick not too long ago. MUCH improvement. I remember when my buddy & I were at WC and he was having me tell the guy what a dead center was. The owner actually said "there is no such thing" and "that could not possibly work". Last time I asked or explained a process I do to that guy lol. Would be cool if they sold them locally.

thewishman

Very true Lenny, I got me a 3.25 tool rest from Rick not too long ago. MUCH improvement. I remember when my buddy & I were at WC and he was having me tell the guy what a dead center was. The owner actually said "there is no such thing" and "that could not possibly work". Last time I asked or explained a process I do to that guy lol. Would be cool if they sold them locally.

A spur center is a dead center. I can't believe that Jim would say that. Not doubting your word, Todd, maybe he just wasn't listening all the way.

Top Bottom