Turning Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rwfish

I would like to try turning an acrylic blank for the first time. Anyone have any good advice or know of a thread I could reference? Specifically do I need any different tools or bits, or will my tools I use for wood work fine? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DJBPenmaker

I would like to try turning an acrylic blank for the first time. Anyone have any good advice or know of a thread I could reference? Specifically do I need any different tools or bits, or will my tools I use for wood work fine? Any advice greatly appreciated.
I use the same tools for both, just make sure your tools are really really sharp and take it slower than with wood.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Herb G

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but a simple forum search will likely produce the answer you're looking for. I'll bet there are at least 200 threads on turning acrylic & other plastics also. :)

Charlie_W

Exotic Blanks has a number of videos on turning different materials. Ed has generously done these over the years and has added them to his website for us. These should help you get started!

Thanks Ed!

Top Bottom