Tuesday's production

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ericofpendom

I had quite a good day on Tuesday of this week. I have not turned a pen for about two years but I had some kits left and some blanks already prepared so I thought I would get on top of things. I had also recently bought two sedona kits and inspired by all you folks here on IAP I set to.

I did on of the Sedona kits in a cross cut Zebrano, my first attempt at a CA finish.

Sorry about the photography but it is something I am trying to improve with the help of you folks and your hints and tips.

Eric...

Attachments

• zebrano fountain.jpg
    zebrano fountain.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 190
  • blue crush sedona open.jpg
    blue crush sedona open.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 162
  • blue crush sedone closed.jpg
    blue crush sedone closed.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 173
  • seven slims.jpg
    seven slims.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 219
  • three comfort.jpg
    three comfort.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shull

Nice work. Welcome back into the nut house. Have you used up all the old kits now? You know they are like milk...definite shelf life :)

Drstrangefart

Nice work! Looks like you got a really respectable CA finish by anyone's standard, let alone for a first try. I love the cluster of acrylic Slims, I always get rid of the rubber grips on the Comforts. Just a personal taste issue.

ericofpendom

Thanks for all your comments folks. Just a question on the CA finish, do you use sanding sealer on the wood before you start sanding as I happened to miss a couple of small clusters of sanding dust in the grain that are just visible in the picture. I was in too much of a rush to get the pen finished and didn't inspect it close enough.

Eric...

Top Bottom