tubes in transparent acrylics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

babyblues

When you paint your tubes black does the CA glue mess up the black paint at all? Will it make it smear? And can you see the glue through the acrylic? I turned my first acrylic pen yesterday and I made the classic rookie mistake. I didn't think about painting the tube.

Someone could have at least told me how much these things stink when you drill them. [xx(] :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Painting the tubes will allow the glue to show through on some acrylics. Paint the hole in the blank...this will hide the glue and the brass tube. Use a color close to the blank color or one of the main colors if he blank is multi-colored.
Do a good turn daily1
Don
Originally posted by babyblues
<br />When you paint your tubes black does the CA glue mess up the black paint at all? Will it make it smear? And can you see the glue through the acrylic? I turned my first acrylic pen yesterday and I made the classic rookie mistake. I didn't think about painting the tube.

Someone could have at least told me how much these things stink when you drill them. [xx(] [:D]

Ligget

I paint tubes with nail varnish, however, if you spray the CA with kicker it will turn the nail varnish white. Especially more white at the ends of the blank.[:(]

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
ROFLMAO....That was funny ED! My brother is an electrician that builds big motor control boxes for sewage treatment plants, and I asked him one day if the smell bothered him, and he said NOPE, it smells like money to me!!!

I actually have started to shoot paint both on the tube, and the inside of the drilled hole in the blank. I get better results that way, but that may not be what others recommend. You might try some of the nickel plated tubes that are being offered now. The silver shows through the blank, but is much nicer than the brass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom