Tubes for OLD pen/pencil kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sammy-2016

Hello all,
I haven't posted any questions until now:)
I am a wannobie pen turner :)
I introduced myself in the proper section.
I was given many OLD pen/pencil kits and most of them are missing tube kits. specifically, Wall Street kits #77b65. Is it possible to get these tubes? I feel bad junking these kits and I haven't even turned one pen/pencil yet.
Would you please guide me?
Thank you in advance
Sammy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hi Sammy,

My recollection of the early Wall Street is fuzzy and I don't want to give you bad information. Can you post a pic of the kit (with the label), if you don't get any good answers in the next day or so?

Thanks,
Ed

D.Oliver

Most likely, you can find tubes in the right diameter. Worst case scenario would be that you would have to cut to length. If you have calipers you can measure the plated parts to find the diameter you need.

Sammy-2016

Hi Sammy,

My recollection of the early Wall Street is fuzzy and I don't want to give you bad information. Can you post a pic of the kit (with the label), if you don't get any good answers in the next day or so?

Thanks,
Ed

Thank you ed.
Here is a picture of the kit (I don't see any part number on it).
Thank you
Sammy

Attachments

• Tubeless Wall Street Pen Kit.jpg
    Tubeless Wall Street Pen Kit.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 225

Sammy-2016

Thank you Derek and Michael for the comments.
I will accurately measure the plated parts to determine their OD. As you suggested I may have to buy long tube/s and cut to the proper length (I actually wouldn't know what the proper length for that kit.
This is not how I wanted to start/turn my first pen/s. This will make the project more challenging.
Thank you for the advice/input
Sammy

Sammy-2016

JP,
The instruction sheet with these pens/pencil kit are dated back to 2000 & 2011 (correction: 2000 & 2002). I guess they don't sell them or replacements parts for them.
Thanks for checking
Sammy

Last edited:

its_virgil

That is the original wall Street and it sported a genuine cross mechanism. I made lots of them in the early 2000's. I may have a tube. I will look tomorrow.

CSUSA had it later but called it the broker if I recall.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

jttheclockman

Gentlemen,
This number is the instruction sheet to these Wall Street Pens/pencil kit. It is NOT the kit number as I stated in first post of this thread.
Thank you
Sammy

Not sure what you are saying but that is the kit number to those old style Wall street kits. That is what they went by when sold at Woodcraft. The very first link I provided is an older thread about those kits and in it there is the dimensions for the parts and bushings. You will probably have to turn between centers. As someone mentioned they were also sold under the name Broker kits at CSUSA and I supplied those instructions as well. I will do a further search for older threads for you.

www.penturners.org/forum/f13/wall-street-i-vintage-material-137026/

Last edited:

liljohn1368

Gentlemen,
This number is the instruction sheet to these Wall Street Pens/pencil kit. It is NOT the kit number as I stated in first post of this thread.
Thank you
Sammy

Sammy, if you look just under- well since it is upside down :biggrin: Look just above the instruction number the product number is on there.:wink::wink:

Sammy-2016

JT,
As you can tell, I am a pre-beginner but I think JP is correct, the product number/s is just below the 77B65 in your 2nd link. May be I should be looking for these products numbers instead of the 77B65.
I will try to see what I get :)
thank you guys for taking the time to help me.
Sammy

jttheclockman

JT,
As you can tell, I am a pre-beginner but I think JP is correct, the product number/s is just below the 77B65 in your 2nd link. May be I should be looking for these products numbers instead of the 77B65.
I will try to see what I get :)
thank you guys for taking the time to help me.
Sammy

Sammy that is why I tried to help. Maybe JP is right about that number. There maybe some members here that may still have a few of those kits. If you are just looking for the tubes maybe they can tell you the size. I was hoping that it was in the instructions too and that is why a linked both sources. Good luck.

According to the chart in the library the woodcraft wall street I twist pen uses a .358diam. by 3" length tube with a .335 diam. bushing. by .420 large diam. A drill bit "U"

Link for photos of the Broker pen

www.penturners.org/forum/f13/brokers-6837/

Comparison link of both pens. (Amazing what you can find on this site:)) I am going to sleep now. :sleepy:

www.penturners.org/forum/f13/my-first-brokers-"-production-turner"-14004/

Last edited:
Top Bottom