Tubes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JustInside

I am sure this has been asked before, but here goes.

I need to color some tubes, white, what is the best paint to use, and do I need to do anything special?

I also presume you do not scratch the tubes once they are painted for the glue to bite into?

Cheers

Paul

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Paul,

It depends on what you wish to accomplish. You can use a similar color to the blank, or a contrasting one to change the character of the blank. I use spray pain of various colors depending on what I want to accomplish.

Sand the tube prior to painting it. Also spray the hole in the blank. Let both dry overnight, and use epoxy as it is less likely to melt the paint. You can also put a bit of the paint in the epoxy.

fiferb

Originally posted by wdcav1952

Paul,

It depends on what you wish to accomplish. You can use a similar color to the blank, or a contrasting one to change the character of the blank. I use spray pain of various colors depending on what I want to accomplish.

Sand the tube prior to painting it. Also spray the hole in the blank. Let both dry overnight, and use epoxy as it is less likely to melt the paint. You can also put a bit of the paint in the epoxy.
Yes you do! Sorry, I just had to point this out. [}:)];)

Ligget

Paul I bought a big mixture of nail varnishes from China on ebay, there must be around 80 different colours/shades.

Great for colouring tubes.:D

Top Bottom