Tube insertion tool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tim'sTurnings

I use my fingers .

+1
Don't need no stinking tool(best mafia voice you can come up with works best when readin that sentence)!

A mafia voice doesn't come to mind for me. I think that sounds like a partial quote from the Treasures of the Sierra Madre movie with Humphrey Bogart spoken with a Mexican accent from a bandido. lol "We don't need no stinkin' badges..."

I never thought of a file tang, I always get my fingers messy. I think I'll try the file, thanks.

ossaguy

I really like using the modified lock ring pliers I posted before about.That's a chore that I don't like doing,but it does work slick I've found.

I like that I can pull the tube back just a tad so I can get it really close to the end for grain matching.

I always wondered if anyone ever tried it.Maybe it just cost too much.

Steve

AceMrFixIt

The good thing about the file tang is there are 4 very small contact points. I have a grunch (yes, it says grunch) of corian so I will make one out of it and see how it works.

I use a pair of needle nose pliers.... you can either use it as an insertion tool, or gently grip the tube and have more control of it as you push it into the blank.

BTW, "don't need no stinking badge" was uttered by the Mexican bandit in "Blazin Saddles" when Slim Pickens was recruiting for his mayhem raid on Rockridge.

brez

I've tried several insertion tools and settled on using my fingers. The insertion tools were to slow and akward. I wear nitrile gloves and wipe the fingers with a paper towel after each tube so the glove doesn't stick to the tube.

Mike

Top Bottom