Tube Gluing - Wax Plug Alternative

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TXPhi67

I have been using the thin pink sheet wax called "base plate wax" to plug my pen tubes prior to gluing them into the blanks for sometime.

However, the wax costs money and being cheap - I just don't like paying money for something if I don't have to. :)

Well, LOML sells Scentsy and of course we have warmers all over the house. When the smelly goes out of the wax, she goes around and just pops out the little discs or squares of solidified wax from the warmer trays and throws them in the trash.

Well after watching this a dozen times or so - my slow and decrepit synapses finally started firing and I got to thinking to myself:

"Self, she's throwing away soft wax. You use soft wax to plug pen tubes. I wonder......."

Well - it works just fine. Its free. And now the shop smells like a Potpourri shop. Well, not that bad. I put the perfumery wax in ziploc bags and just leave out the good smelling stuff like Leather, Bourbon, Vanilla Suede, etc. :)

So, if any of you have Scentsy warmers in the house - don't throw the wax away. :)

Take care all.

BTW - I you don't know what Scentsy is - either PM me and I'll send you a link or a quick search on Google will let you know all you need to know.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom