Trying to get a custom pen...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FenrisWolf

Sorry, I'm new here. I sadly don't have any tools of my own, but I LOVE fountain pens. Years ago I hand wrote 800 pages of an unfinished novel with one. I'm wanting to do this again (it's therapeutic). But I want a new pen.
I'm not sure what I want yet, but I was wondering if there were any sites that would let you "build your own". Like pick a kit/style, then your nib, then your blank and they make it all and send it to you... Any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tim'sTurnings

There is a fountain pen section on the IAP forums Community Forums first page. I think someone there will probably help you out with what you want.
..............Tim.

kovalcik

Woodcraft has a pen designer on their site. You can pick a pen model and blank. You could make your selections and then find someone to turn it. (I don't think their pricing is correct for the blanks. They have ones that I know are ~$3 priced ~$12).

http://www.woodcraft.com/projectconfigurator/projectlanding.aspx

Can you give a few more details on what you think you would like (wood, acrylic, segmented, other; models of pens you like; nibs; etc.) and your price range? I am sure there are at least 50 people on the board who would be happy to help design and turn a custom pen for you (its what we do :)).

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Put an ad in the Wanted section of the Forum that you would like someone to make you a pen. Any number of our members would be glad to let you pick a kit and blank and make you a pen. Several if not hundreds of them have websites showing pens they have made and sold.

TDE

fountain pen

Watch Art ( Shawn) at Newton pens builds custom kitless pens. Excellent work. Good luck
Ted:)

mdburn_em

I for one would be delighted to assist you in making your own custom pen.
The only thing better than having a custom pen is having a custom pen that you made.

I take great delight in showing others how I do things.

I absolutely cannot speak for other turners, but I know there are a lot of others that would feel the same, just as there are some that would not enjoy this. The only thing you can do is ask.

Of course, we don't know where you are to identify if there are any turners near you.

Top Bottom