Trustone questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
I just turned my first trustone and I have a couple of questions that I can't find the answer for.
1) Has anyone gotten one of these laser engraved? I almost assume it will work like the acrylics but havn't seen it.

2) I'm trying to find some more detailed information to pass on to my customers. Some are easy to guess (like turquoise or malachite), but is there anywhere with more detailed information on what stone is in each type. I made a "white web" and would love to be able to tell my customer what kind of stone is in it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

I looked on their web site and it does not say what each one is composed of. The only thing I found was saying its 85% natural stone ore and 15% acrylic gem resin.

I have been to their place of business. Very nice people and got an interesting tour of how it was done. They finally had to ask me to leave due to the humidity from all the drooling. I was looking at doing a group buy a while back but at the time was too busy.
Good thing Richard (randbcrafts) sells it now here. He has put some time into working with it and is probably a good person to send an email to.

badger

Side question if I may? *(not trying to derail your topic, honest)

Would trustone stand up to being cut thin, and used as a center band?

ahoiberg

i recently saw a pen done with a engraving and it looked nice. like tom said, randbcrafts can hopefully help you out with the 'what's in it question'

and badger, it works as a lamination. i've done a centerband with it and it came out great. i think it's in my album if you care to see it.

airrat

Brander yeah if you look at some recent post on segments you will see it used as bands. I just don't remember who off the top of my head.

broitblat

I've done bands of TruStone as part of segmentation, but I haven't tried it as a free floating center band. I don't think it would be an issue, for the most part, but a loose band would be breakable.

-Barry

alphageek

Former Moderator
Originally posted by airrat

I looked on their web site and it does not say what each one is composed of. The only thing I found was saying its 85% natural stone ore and 15% acrylic gem resin.

I have been to their place of business. Very nice people and got an interesting tour of how it was done. They finally had to ask me to leave due to the humidity from all the drooling. I was looking at doing a group buy a while back but at the time was too busy.
Good thing Richard (randbcrafts) sells it now here. He has put some time into working with it and is probably a good person to send an email to.
I can try Richard - thanks... Since you've seen their business, any chance you have a contact with them to ask?

I ordered a couple pieces from CSUSA to try when I ordered other things, but now that I've tried it I'll probably order from Richard - he has a really nice selection.

airrat

Ok your wish was my command Dean. I just got off the phone with them. She said that the white web was natural ore that is ground up and pigmented as are a lot of the others. The turquoise does have a percentage of turquoise in it but it also has natural ore too.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Originally posted by airrat

Ok your wish was my command Dean. I just got off the phone with them. She said that the white web was natural ore that is ground up and pigmented as are a lot of the others. The turquoise does have a percentage of turquoise in it but it also has natural ore too.

WOW! Thanks Tom... I'm not sure that clears up questions 100%, but I assume they are being protective to keep things unique. That at least gives me an answer when someone asks. Now to get back into the shop to make more :)

Top Bottom