Trustone Question.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1JaredSchmidt

I bought a piece of Turquoise w/ Gold Web trustone that I'm gonna put on a gold Jr.Emperor fountain pen. Do I have to paint the tube or is the blank solid and not any clear in it?

I know this is probably a dumb question,but I don't care.:eek::wink:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Being stone, I cannot imagine it being transparent enough to show through...but I've never turned tru-stone!

Tru-stone and Emperor pen kits - you've moved up to the big-boys rather quickly, eh Jared? I still havent' made anything that wasn't a chrome or gold kit! :)

Andrew

Russianwolf

I've got two pieces of truestone at home right now that I got from Jon. Looking at them, I can't imagine needing to paint tubes either.

And Andrew, you're right. But remember he doesn't have a job or a wife to steal all his time yet. Ah, to be 16 again............

GoodTurns

I only paint the tubes for white tru-stone when I know I will have a very thin end (sierra/wall street) Turq/gold should be fine on on the Jr Emp.

1JaredSchmidt

No. We just left the Holdeman Mennonites and we're gonna move to Texas at the end of this month.:eek::RockOn: I'm gonna go to high school for the first time down there. :cool:I need a Jr. Emperor right now but I can't afford it.:frown: Lottery what lottery?:biggrin:

I wish I had money like you guys.:laugh:

1JaredSchmidt

I only have about $60 right now and I only get $1.50 an hour in our shop. I gotta save some money for a car,cellphone,and someday I want to get a Yamaha Raptor 250. Someday. Right now,I keep spending money on pen kits,tools,and wood.

MobilMan

Learn all you can in the shop & someday you may be running it. Good luck in Texas. Just stay the same as you are, a very nice young man with good upbringing & hopes for the future. Stay interested in things your in now. Don't let the bad things in a new town get the best of you. There's a lot of bad crap out there, & I'm not only talking about Texas. It will be a whole new way of life for you, so be strong & proud. I know a lot of us on this IAP are proud of you. Not many younguns will work for $1.50 let alone get off their butts for even 6-7 per hr. Or do many have a hobby like you. They just have to be running around not amounting to anything. You seem like a very nice young man--stay that way.

1JaredSchmidt

We're buying a cabinet door shop down there. I'm gonna start making bedroom sets. One of our friends was over today and also said there's a lot of bad crap out there. Can't wait to go to high school.

Top Bottom