Trustone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken

Anyone ever run into air bubbles in CSUSA's Trustone blanks? I'm turning my first lapis trustone, and found air bubbles in one end of it. Looks like air got trapped in it during the folding process that causes the gold veining in it. I finished turning it down to final size, and the very edge of the bubbles are still visible. I tried filling them with CA, looks like my CA is bad as it clouded up and now they stick out like a sore thumb.

Very disappointing, as I'm scheduled to deliver this to my customer in 6 days. :(

Cheers,
Draken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

James,
I don't think I've ever hit an air bubble, but I've only turned 5 or 6. I have a few TruStone blanks at home; if you want, I can see if I have a Lapis. I agree with Billy, though...CSUSA will probably replace the defective one for free. Give me a call if you want me to check my blanks - then we can figure out a time/place to meet up.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have hit a bubble on the only one I have turned. Fortunately, I could design around it (turn down farther) without hindering the final product.

PenWorks

I have had the same thing this weekend with Turq blanks. I was able to fill with CA, you can tell the imperfection, but in my case, it happens to give it a more true like stone effect. This is not the first time for this. I have returned bad batches of Tru stone and get the same good service from them and they are replace. But the down side is, I have waisted my time plus tubes in the process which is not compensated for, not to mention, you are now under the gun to deliver a product.

huntersilver

This has happened to me also, I tried CA with tru-stone dust.
Ended throwing out the blank[V] Pricy blanks too. My sense is
that they would replace it, but like Anthony says by that time you
have invested a lot of time on the pen.

Draken

Thanks all, I've contacted CSUSA to see what they'll do, and I've talked to the customer and shown him the blanks. He has agreed to a delivery delay to ensure a higher quality end product, he'll give his mom an IOU for her birthday. [:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom