Trucking Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Chrome Sierra Button Click. Consider using their logo on the pen, either laser engraved or use decals. I haven't done any decals, but there should be a good amount of information available here via the search function.

workinforwood

Ok, well it looks like the pen is for customers, not actual truckers. Either way I'd keep it simple. Company name or call letters engraved in a nice piece of wood. Sure you can make roads and headlights, but lets not get tacky and out of control. Don't make the pens so complicated that you end up making a buck an hour for all your labor...unless they are willing to spend hundreds per pen, which I doubt. I am a trucker. Trucking companies wear the tightest belts of any other industry. $5 a gallon for diesel, 5.5 mpg is about average when you put all the trucks in the country together. Company I work for is worth 10's of millions of dollars and they just started sending out customer credit slips with the drivers to hand out during deliveries in order to save the 42 cent postage per envelope.

If you said make pens for the truckers, I'd still say go simple, and I'd vote cigar. I like the heft, reliability and durability of a cigar, and if I set it down I can easily find it again should it bounce across the truck. When I hand it to a customer to sign their bills (somehow every reciever in the country doesn't have their own pen!), my pen doesn't disappear in his hands and then end up in his pocket by mistake. That's my opinion.

Top Bottom