Tru-Stone Prices

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jzerger

Just curious:
I received an e-mail from Beartooth about the increase (double the current) price on Trustone blanks and noticed others are following suit. One reason I read was something about the mining laws have changed somehow. I have no doubt that those increasing their tru-stone prices have to do so and that they are no more happy about it than their customers. My curiosity is more whether this is something that will "pass" (hopefully a loophole for pen turners) or is it something that is here to stay? Anyone care to enlighten with facts?

In the meantime, I'll stock up (which for me is about 5).

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Said with tongue planted in cheek.....Next time at the gas station ask them for the gas that they bought yesterday and was 3.49.9 instead of todays 3.69.9 and is the same as yesterdays gas.

No doubt some gas stations adjust prices that way, but around these parts, most stations only adjust prices up or down when they get a new delivery. Whatever residual gas there was in the tank will wind up getting sold at a marginally higher or lower profit as a result.

F6maniac

All the more reason to never buy any.....with some much wood in the world.

Scott (huge profit for those stocked up already) B

A little self serving don't you think?

Options are always good. The world doesn't revolve around swirled resin and spalted wood.

its_virgil

I agree. We have so many beautiful wood species and other acrylics from which to choose to fret over the price of true stone. Actually I've always thought it was overpriced and have actually never purchased any. I've turned a couple but not purchased any.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

All the more reason to never buy any.....with some much wood in the world.

Scott (huge profit for those stocked up already) B

Donovan

No matter that true stone has become expensive there will always be customers that look at a true stone pen and think it is the prettiest thing that they have seen. You must leave the option to the customer to decide if he want to pay the higher price.
I like true stone and will always have it in my inventory.
If you do not have it you cannot sell it

Donovan

Donovan

No matter that true stone has become expensive there will always be customers that look at a true stone pen and think it is the prettiest thing that they have seen. You must leave the option to the customer to decide if they want to pay the higher price.
I like true stone and will always have it in my inventory.
If you do not have it you cannot sell it

Donovan

jttheclockman

I agree both times.

No one said you have to buy it. To me you can not duplicate the look of some of the tru-stone with acrylics. As far as wood goes, if it is not burled it needs to be segmented to have any affect on me. :)

Pkweiss

Cheap Tru-Stone

William Wood-Write (William Wood-Write Ltd.) has most of their Tru-Stu at 11.95 cad (approx 9.76 us). shipping is a little high but a decent size order more than makes up for it. I already stocked up.:biggrin:

Phil

Top Bottom