Tritons

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Does anyone know what the plating is on the triton kits??? I just ordered some and now I am worried about the wear on these. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
JT

They are chrome and upgrade gold.

Which bothered me until I compared with the Jr. Statesman that advertises Rhodium and 22kt gold.

The Chrome body version has Upgrade gold on the centerband feature and the top of the cap. Neither is a wearpoint, so I am comfortable with this. I believe upgrade gold will perform at least equally to 22kt---you certainly have a right to disagree, if you like.

I am, personally, less comfortable with the "mainly gold" version---but it is selling well, so customers must like it.

The choice is, of course, yours.

PenMan1

John:
One plating is chrome. I'm not sure what the gold is but it appears to be TN.

I've been selling a lot of Tritons for almost a year. The only issue is the rollerball spring is a bit "wimpy". My daily carry is a gold Triton. It was the first one I made and it still looks new.

The Triton gold seems as good as the TN JR Gent II, but may be "upgrade" gold.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Please keep me informed on that, Andy. I have talked with Berea about this and I will be very interested in feedback from users.

PenMan1

Please keep me informed on that, Andy. I have talked with Berea about this and I will be very interested in feedback from users.

They might not "like" why I like this set. It is the easiest to replace the centerband (with material matching the blank) and fenial.

I've got somewhere between 100 & 200 "out there" with no known issues.

workinforwood

I think the Jr Triton kits are real nice snazzy kits. The chrome plating is great..I'm totally down with chrome, been selling and using that plating for years with no issues. I also like the fact that the bushings are the same as the CSUSA JR kits and that you can even use the CSUSA tubes if you want, you only have to come up with a longer spring for the triton to make that mod happen.

Top Bottom