Triton tubes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cmccarter

Can anyone verify that the triton fp uses the following tubes. The Library referances do not include the triton.

cap 12.5mm x 1.9"
lower 10.5 x 1.85"

tia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

If you don't get an answer I can check when I get home tonight. I do know that the tubes are the same as a Jr Gent II with the exception that the lower tube is shorter ( .230" shorter if I remember correctly ).

Silverado

Hello Chester

Those are the Right dimensions. I just opened a kit and measured them.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Can anyone verify that the triton fp uses the following tubes. The Library referances do not include the triton.

cap 12.5mm x 1.9"
lower 10.5 x 1.85"

tia

Same as the Atrax, so I think

Cap - 1.9"
Lower - 2.19"

I've been swapping out both recently.

cmccarter

tnx

thanks all. some how I managed to have a kit that I had removed the tubes from. now to get that bokote cut and glued

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

cap 12.5mm x 1.9"
lower 10.5 x 1.85"

tia

Cap - 1.9"
Lower - 2.19"

Actually, Mark, the Atrax body is longer than the Triton (with the supplied tubes). Yes, you CAN make the Triton on Atrax (or Junior series) tubes, but you have to change the spring on the rollerball--it needs to be a little longer. If you are making the fountain pen, no modification is needed.

FWIW,
Ed

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

cap 12.5mm x 1.9"
lower 10.5 x 1.85"

tia

Cap - 1.9"
Lower - 2.19"

Actually, Mark, the Atrax body is longer than the Triton (with the supplied tubes). Yes, you CAN make the Triton on Atrax (or Junior series) tubes, but you have to change the spring on the rollerball--it needs to be a little longer. If you are making the fountain pen, no modification is needed.

FWIW,
Ed

Thanks for the correction! :redface: (I'll blame my calipers, or my stock system, or my cats...)

Top Bottom