Triton Rollerball bushings?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ohiococonut

Apparently the library is not up to date. Can someone tell me the size of them? I understand there are 4 of them with 3 different sizes. I plan to turn between centers but I'd like to know how much bigger than the components they are for reference. Thanks in advance :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Yes, I know I need to update the chart online. I'm doing a major update to it but can always use every ones help.

Triton/Continental/Atrax bushings for RB/FP are .567 - .567 - .513 - .481 Dia

Triton/Continental/Atrax bushings for BP are .567 - .567 - .481 - .481 Dia.

Best way to solve this is to measure the pen parts for the most accurate dims.

Last edited:

SCR0LL3R

Why would they be bigger than the components?

The measurements I use are .480 and .512 on the long barrel with the larger end being the writing end. The cap is .567 or .568.

At least that's the numbers I use. I can't measure my bushings since I sand them down to undersize the first time I make a wooden pen on them to leave room to build up CA :D

ohiococonut

Thank you for the quick response :)

I do measure the components but I just wanted the bushing measurements to write down on the assembly sheet for reference.

Why not start a new thread asking people to look over the chart and provide info that's not there? I will certainly contribute what I can. I'm sure others would be more than willing to help. That's just how this forum is. Someone's always willing to share and contribute. Great place to learn!

tumbleweed676

Apparently the library is not up to date. Can someone tell me the size of them? I understand there are 4 of them with 3 different sizes. I plan to turn between centers but I'd like to know how much bigger than the components they are for reference. Thanks in advance :)

Triton bushings are the same as Jr. Gent II.

Curly

Why would they be bigger than the components?

The differences can be attributed to the measuring tools being used and the way they are used, along with the manufacturing tolerances of the bushings and pen parts.

If Wayne uses a calibrated micrometer with the friction thimble and you an inexpensive digital calliper, even measuring the same 4 bushings, the results can easily be .001 or .002 apart, if not more. The repeatability and accuracy won't be there. I measure for a living and can hand a part and the same measuring tool to three people and I will get different results from each person. :eek:

Please understand I'm not criticizing either of you and your tools or techniques but you cannot expect the same measuring results when 2 people, many miles apart, measure different things, with unknown tools.

Top Bottom