Triton Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMckin5324

So I did my first capped pen, a Triton. I have a question that I'm having a little trouble with. I turned a nice piece of Maple burl for it and it looks great, the fit came out great. so my question is once I put it together the refill keeps pushing into the point after I write a character of two. There doesn't seam to be anything that puts pressure on the refill from the lower end.
Any help would be much appreciated, I'm sure I'm just messing up somewhere dumb.

Thank You

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MorganGrafixx

Yeah, spring goes in the back end....small end of the spring should face the refill. In other words, drop the spring into the tube large end first, them drop the refill in then twist on your nib section.

RMckin5324

:redface: Ahhh, see that would be a very good thing to have it the directions...............How embarrassing.................lol.

InvisibleMan

Follow-on question: What's the point of the spring anyway? Why not just put a solid piece back there? Is is a shock absorber to save the rollerball from damage or something?

soligen

Follow-on question: What's the point of the spring anyway? Why not just put a solid piece back there? Is is a shock absorber to save the rollerball from damage or something?

It gives just a tad of give to the point, but I think the real reason is that the depth of the hole does not have to be perfectly precise.

Top Bottom