Triton pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Ok it has been awhile since i even looked at this kit. What is this kit compared to?? Is it the same as a Baron or Jr Gent or jr Statesman?? Or none of the above. Man there are too many kits. About 2 years ago I glued up some blanks and I had marked them Triton. I never got around to spinning them and now I can not find the kits or the bushings. Can I use a substitute?? The blanks are some nice burls and there are 4 sets. Went into the shop today to sort some blanks and boy do I have blanks. Found these sitting there and recalled I made them up quite awhile ago. If i recall I think Triton is or was a Timberbits kit????

Thanks for the replys in advance..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
the triton is a berea kit and has 10.5 and 12.5 mm dia tubes, its slightly smaller than a jnr gent and looks similar to a jnr statesman.
as for swapping the blanks onto another kit? the tube lengths for the triton are:50mm for the 12.5 and 48mm for the 10.5

SteveG

Good info from George. To add a little more: the lower barrel on Triton is shorter than the Jr Gent II (almost the same length as the upper barrel).It yields a good pen, and some have switched over from the "Jr" series to using Triton. I use both. It is always nice to have great burls to be working with! Have fun...Aloha!

toddlajoie

I'm not a fan of the Triton mainly because of that shorter body barrel. I like to see as much of the material as possible. You can replace the body barrel of the Triton with one from the Jr. Series, but you need to put a longer/stronger spring in it to make up the difference in the length. (I believe Exotics may sell a spring for this...) But the standard tubes do give you the opportunity to use a blank that may be a little bit short for the Jr.s

The style and bling factor are OK in my book, but I do prefer the understated look of the Gent/Statesmen verses the ornate pieces on the Triton.

jttheclockman

the triton is a berea kit and has 10.5 and 12.5 mm dia tubes, its slightly smaller than a jnr gent and looks similar to a jnr statesman.
as for swapping the blanks onto another kit? the tube lengths for the triton are:50mm for the 12.5 and 48mm for the 10.5

Oh it is a Berrea kit!!!!!!! No wonder I could not find it at Timberbits. I bought those years ago and have no idea where they are. Being I can not work with my tools yet I decided yesterday I feel well enough to try to do some so called organizing:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Bought a couple of tool cabinets from HF in Dec. and wanted to put my turning stuff in them and man I have more blanks than I can possibly turn in 3 life times:) What was i thinking???

Top Bottom