Triton and JR Gent II Tube Size

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

zig613

I read in several posts that the bushings for the JR Gent II will work with the new Triton kit. Is it safe to assume that the JR Gent II tubes can also be used in the Triton kit?

Thanks,

Wade

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

bushings are a go.
tubes are different lengths.
the lower tube for the Triton is noticably shorter, the upper is about the same
when compared to Jr Gent II tubes.

PenMan1

You can use Jr. Gent tubes with the Triton kit. HOWEVER, you must make your own LONGER rollerball spring or the refill will be to "mushy" to write.

PenMan1

You can use Jr. Gent tubes with the Triton kit. HOWEVER, you must make your own LONGER rollerball spring or the refill will be to "mushy" to write.

Or you could just shorten the writing tube with a barrel trimmer or sander.

Yes you can, IF YOU REMEMBER TO DO IT:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. How the heck you think I know about the "cheat" spring:biggrin:?

PenMan1

Can you also just stretch the current spring?

I couldn't. The spring with the Triton is a bit "wimpy" to begin with. I did strech a Jr. spring and it worked OK.

I bought the "one million cheap Chinese sping set" from HF, so I always have springs available for when I choose to make pens while inebrated (frequently--Now, as a matter of fact:biggrin:).

zig613

Thanks everyone for the information. If need be, I will shorten the JR Gent II lower tube. I will be purchasing the a few Triton kits and did want to buy extra tubes when I already have lots of JR Gents II tubes if I have a blow out.

Wade

Top Bottom