Triton Convertible Instruction PDF

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KitZ

Does anyone have the PDF or link for the Triton Convertible (RB & FTN). When I click on the link of [insert favorite vendor ] :) I get Index of /.

There was a question posted Feb 3 that was "answered" yesterday but I follow to the answer link and it's an endless loop.

I suppose I could figure it out but this being the first time I make the kit I would prefer having the instructions.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
One thing about Tritons - the black plastic insert is really tight & sometimes difficult to press into the tube. I wipe it with a little "Feed n Wax" (orange oil & beeswax from Home Depot) for lubrrication & it really helps it to slide in better. That just happens to be what I have handy - most any kind of oil or wax should work.

mecompco

THANK YOU

You're welcome! I make lot's of Atraxs, which is just a less-blingy version of the Triton. I'll echo Edgar's advice about the threaded plastic insert. I make SURE that my tubes are clean inside, and relieve them just a bit by spinning 320 paper inside them (I use a punch wrapped in paper and chucked in my hand drill). When pressing in the components, I use blue Loc-Tite and that seems to make the slide in more easily. That plastic insert is a long, tight press and will make your rear end pucker.

Oh, and on the Atrax, I always Loc-Tite the cap/clip as they can loosen up. I change up the sequence a bit from the instructions by pressing in the cap/clip first with a bushing in the other end of the blank to take some pressure off it. Then, press in the plastic insert and bling.

Might as well fess up that I have ruined a lower blank by putting the trim ring on backwards. It seem logical that the flat side would face away from the blank--if you do that, it won't work and if you keep pressing, the blank will crumple (dammit!). So keep that in mind.

It's also fairly easy to mix up the trim rings and press the wrong one on--rememberize that the nib goes on the LARGE end of the lower blank (again, against what is logical to me).

KitZ

Thanks so much. I have to admit that each step involved quite a bit of re-reading instructions and laying out the parts

Here's the final

912e3b94b48f18f68eb2acb191527c8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom