Triton Bushings for Jr Gent II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

I think I am right on this but need a sanity check. I have a gift card for Woodcraft. If I buy Triton bushings from woodcraft they will work with the JR Gent II right?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Thanks Ed! Yes I am cheating on you with Woodcraft. :) It's only because of the gift card. I swear to you. They mean nothing to me.

PenMan1

Yes and no! The bushings fit nicely into the tubes of both Triton and Gent II. The Triton leaves a little more meat on the tube than the Gent II, So by using Triton bushings on Gent II really requires calipers for a perfect fit at the hardware joints.

BUT IMHO, calipers SHOULD ALWAYS BE USED to insure proper fit at the hardward joint. So the answer is yes and no.

Lenny

The Triton does indeed use the same bushings as the Jr.Gent II .... it can also use the same tubes with the exception that one of the tubes has to be shortened to 1 55/64ths. (and I can't remember which one right now) :redface:

The Triton BALLPOINT uses the smallest bushing on both ends of the lower barrel (.479) It would, theoretically, be possibly to turn one end to that bushing then swap the bushing to the other side. :)

brownsfn2

Thanks again. I always use calipers to compare bushing size to parts anyway. I just did not want to buy them and then have to return them.

NEW504

I just learned that myself. The one's I purchased that "said" Jr. Gent II.....
Had the Tritons already so what the hey.... It worked great.

brownsfn2

I does work if the bag of bushings you get from woodcraft for the Titon are the right size. Both of my small bushings were the same size! Now I have to drive across town and take them back. Argh! Luckily I stll have old bushings from Jr Gent II.

Top Bottom