Trim Kit for the Baron?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartstar

Hi - I'm considering getting some Baron pen kits. Does anyone know (I'm sure someone does) whether there is a trim kit made to fit the baron pen tubes?

Thanks
Bart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Actually, I think he meant an insert for the barrel trimmer. I think at least one of the "standard" sizes works, but there isn't a pre-made insert for the larger diameter (IIRC). All you have to do, though, is make a sleeve for, for example, the 7mm cutter on your lathe from an old piece of scrap wood. Just make sure it is fairly long so it keeps everything at approximately the correct angle.

LanceD

The tube sizes for the Barons are 15/32 and 25/64. Those two sizes of pen mill shafts are available from Arizona Silhouette and CSUSA to fit the Baron tubes.

Lance

Keep in mind that the barrel trimmers that AZ sells have a different shaft size than the ones others sell. That is you cannot purchase a shaft from AZ and put a Woodcraft cutter on it and visa versa.

Rifleman1776

As far as I know, there is no shaft for the larger Baron tube. I made an adapter and posted it with a picture. Probably on the 'other' site. I just turned down a waste blank with a glued in 7mm tube until it fit the Baron tube.

Fangar

Mac is right, but the trimmers seem to be a higher quality from him. For the Barons from Arizona Silhouette, the ones marked as 15/32 and 25/64 are the one you want (Like LanceD mentioned). The lower barrel (actually a 9.1mm) also fits the 10mm cigar. So that will be a "two for". The 8mm barrel rod with a 8mm tube over it fits the inside of the Perfect fit upper barrel nicely. The 25/64 barrel rod with a Baron top cap over it fits the Sierra nicely. Kinda like a shell game. Others make inserts.

Fangar

mick

The trimmer shaft for the cigar pen will fit the lower barrel of the Baron nicely. You'll have to do as the others suggest and turn an adapter for the upper barrel

chigdon

I just went ahead and bought each size from AS and a trimmer for each to keep from having to change all the time. I mostly turn Barons though.

Fangar

Originally posted by chigdon
<br />I just went ahead and bought each size from AS and a trimmer for each to keep from having to change all the time. I mostly turn Barons though.

Ouch. That's gonna leave mark on the wallet!

Good way to go, but there will still be sizes that you don't have.

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom