Tried Celtic knot(s)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Twissy

The problem with this fantastic forum and me is I see what others are doing and I want to do it to!
Thankfully there is so much information available.
This first attempt clearly demonstrated to me the need for the hole to be dead centre and for the fillets to be the same size as the saw kerf! I only have a low end bandsaw so used what I could find for the knot which turned out to be the red plastic from cheapo laser goggles. The wood is Bubinga.

Critiques more than welcome!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

andrewleeheck

Kudos on your creative selection of fillet material!! For my part, I've been known to dig around the recycle bin and other unmentionable places. At the point I found myself asking my chriopractor's office for some of their blank/used magnetic strip cards (used for checking in for appointments), it was time to admit I had a problem.

LarryE

There is quite a learning curve on celtic knots, but once you get it, they become fairly routine. Nice work on your first attempt, keep it up. O, I made a small jig for my table saw that keeps everything in line.

Twissy

Kudos on your creative selection of fillet material!! For my part, I've been known to dig around the recycle bin and other unmentionable places. At the point I found myself asking my chriopractor's office for some of their blank/used magnetic strip cards (used for checking in for appointments), it was time to admit I had a problem.

:biggrin:
Gave me a good chuckle! Glad you didn't mix it up with chiropodist and ask for toe nails........now there's a thought!

Twissy

There is quite a learning curve on celtic knots, but once you get it, they become fairly routine. Nice work on your first attempt, keep it up. O, I made a small jig for my table saw that keeps everything in line.

I made up a temporary jig ( I am a bit of an impatient sort of guy) but intend to make something a bit more accurate. I'm on the look out for a small table saw....or a thinner kerf blade for my Rage saw cos it's about 2-3mm kerf. Also looking out for a Jacobs chuck so I can drill the blanks on the lathe. It's all funds related though!

andrewleeheck

:biggrin:
Gave me a good chuckle! Glad you didn't mix it up with chiropodist and ask for toe nails........now there's a thought!

Hmmm...spalted toenails? Nice.

Top Bottom