Tree ID

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Gaiser

Hi peeps,

I live on the North Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. We have these trees growing here that I would like to know if you know what kind of tree it is?

I like how it looks and think it might make a nice pen once I get my lathe. (There is a felled one nearby.)

The trees lose their bark, are an orangy brown color with large waxy leaves.

I have the pic on my DA web site here... http://xzarno.deviantart.com/art/Tree-ID-126648647

Thanks!!
01.gif

KenV

Google Pacific Madrone and you will see similar pictures. They are common there as I saw on a trip last summer. Wood works pretty well with a though I understand it is a bugger to get to dry straight in any size. Nice color as I remember. I have a bowl blank from a Portland friend that looks quite attractive -- will get round tuit one of these days.

Don Gaiser

Thats It!!!
smiley006.gif

Great!!! Thank you very much.... now I just have to talk the land owner into letting me take some of that tree off his hands.
01.gif

Google Pacific Madrone and you will see similar pictures. They are common there as I saw on a trip last summer. Wood works pretty well with a though I understand it is a bugger to get to dry straight in any size. Nice color as I remember. I have a bowl blank from a Portland friend that looks quite attractive -- will get round tuit one of these days.

Top Bottom