Tranmission spinning Part2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RDH79

OK well last week I posted about have trouble with the trans slipping in the tubes. I think I might have it figured out.
I started using the dental wax to plug the tubes before gluing. I always used playdo but it keep falling out or getting pushed in the tube and the glue would get in.
After the glue dries I was using the penmill to clean out the wax before i took them to the edgesander. This was pushing the wax into the tubes and coating to insides. So when I put the pen together it was slipping.
So my question is what is good to remove the wax ?

PenMan1

DNA and a Qtip should remove the wax from inside the tube without ill effects.

I use plumbers putty to plug the tubes. It is priced about the same as PlayDough and I feel a little stupid going into the toy store buying a single can of PlayDough. Sorta like going into the pharmacy to buy femine products.

seamus7227

I use dental wax sheets for plugging my tubes(thanks to Don Ward), otherwise, i was using parafin wax from wally world and cutting it into thin strips on my scroll saw(slow speed). Anyway, to clean out my tubes once I have glued them up, I use the brass bottle brushes from harbor freight. They come in five different sizes and work for all of my pens! Just run it through the tube a couple of times and your good! Hope this helps

tool-man

The Dollar Stores here sell a generic Play Dough. A small container will do 100's if not 1000's of tubes. And no stigma issue.
I use plumbers putty to plug the tubes. It is priced about the same as PlayDough and I feel a little stupid going into the toy store buying a single can of PlayDough. Sorta like going into the pharmacy to buy femine products.

Top Bottom