Tractor Supply Pen Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CTpenman

Hi guys,
This is my first post but i have some pretty interesting info to share. I am the receiver at Tractor Supply Co. and i was unloading the truck from our warehouse yesterday and some long pieces of wood fell and just about hit me. I was a little upset until i realized how nice the wood was. It was a bundle of hardwood made up of mahogany spalted maple and some other random woods. They are sold as 4ft hardwood stakes for $1.29 each, 6ft 6 pack 3/4 x 3/4 for $9.99 and 5ft 6 pack for $8.99. I am not sure if every Tractor Supply has the same thing but if you live close to one it might be worth it to call or swing by. Also we often get rid of our scrap wood and pallets which can sometimes be some nice stuff. If you stop in and ask they are usually nice about giving it to you with no problem.

Thanks, Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lee K

HA ... thats a great find!

I ended up with some little pieces of mahogany from some pallets a few years ago. Nice wood it is.

I have a Tractor Supply in town, so I just may wander in tomorrow ...

hehndc

Ken:

Welcome. In a similar vein, I have good luck finding throw away wood from a local cabinet shop. The cherry and maple they cut off (becuase the grain patteren is too wild) is amazing. Not to mention, the bunks of wood arrive on mahagony 4"x4"s.

Cheap is good.

Good luck,

Steve

aplpickr

Available in WNC

Our Tractor Supply has the same deal here in WNC. I had my choice of 4', 5', and 6'. I got a bundle of five footers for $8.99. All six were kiln-dried, Indonesian mahogany in several shades of red to brown, 3/4" square. They had five packs of each length, so I got to hi-grade them. Thanks for the info!

Bill

CTpenman

John i'm not sure where they have them in the store. they should be right in the middle with all of the spring stuff but we haven't put ours out yet so if you don't find them ask one of the team members and they should help you find them. Bill i'm glad you tried some and had good luck with them. I found some nice spalted wood i can't wait to try from one of the bundles.

Top Bottom