Total noob question about vendors and plating

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jayk1998

My son is a graduating senior, and I'd like to make his friends pens for graduation gifts. I like the idea of the 2014 replacement bands from PSI, but I already have enough 24kt slimline kits that I bought from a different vendor.

Will the color of the plating of the band match the kit parts from a different place, or should I just order more kits from PSI along with the bands?

I've just gotten into this hobby (love it) so the lathe/tools/supplies purchases are still fresh in the mind of SWMBO... so I'd rather go with the smaller purchase on the bands if I can get away with it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
My son is a graduating senior, and I'd like to make his friends pens for graduation gifts. I like the idea of the 2014 replacement bands from PSI, but I already have enough 24kt slimline kits that I bought from a different vendor.

Will the color of the plating of the band match the kit parts from a different place, or should I just order more kits from PSI along with the bands?

I've just gotten into this hobby (love it) so the lathe/tools/supplies purchases are still fresh in the mind of SWMBO... so I'd rather go with the smaller purchase on the bands if I can get away with it.
If the kits you have are 24K the bands should match. I'd order them and see, graduation is quite a way off so you should be able to get kits later if you need to.

Edward Cypher

Smitty is correct. I had slims from a different vendor and ordered the 2013 bands from PSI and they matched fine. My two daughters graduated in may of 2013 so I made a few dozen pens for them and thier friends the slims were from three different vendors and the bands matched fine with all of them.

jayk1998

Smitty is correct. I had slims from a different vendor and ordered the 2013 bands from PSI and they matched fine. My two daughters graduated in may of 2013 so I made a few dozen pens for them and thier friends the slims were from three different vendors and the bands matched fine with all of them.

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks much!

Edward Cypher

What mredburn said is correct. Wood Whimsey does carry the psi date bands and I have ordered from them also. Great service and fast shipping. Many times they are cheaper than PSI. Check them out JAYK1988 and panamag8or. I get no financial gain from the above statement just a satisfied customer and offering a nother place to get the bands. So many choices and so little time and money!!!

Top Bottom