"Tooth" Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russ Hewitt

I would like to make pens for my dentist and his staff as gifts. Does anyone know of any blanks that have a tooth design inlay? I have checked all of the vendors that I have dealt with in cannot find anything.

If that is not available, does anyone know of a vendor that can make a customized blank like this without breaking the bank.

Thanks all

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edward Cypher

Scott Lincoln also makes a cool tooth one. It is a blue tooth in burl with made for stylus pen kits. I think they are sierra style. He is on facebook and here under slincoln.

SDB777

Just don't ask them for the teeth that they just pulled(DAMHIKT)....they get a really weird look happening.

Scott (I got nuthin') B

PenPal

I would like to make pens for my dentist and his staff as gifts. Does anyone know of any blanks that have a tooth design inlay? I have checked all of the vendors that I have dealt with in cannot find anything.

If that is not available, does anyone know of a vendor that can make a customized blank like this without breaking the bank.

Thanks all

Russ you can buy practice teeth students use them to drill etc then can easily be inset in the top half of a wood pen, carve your own tooth using white plastic Google wisdom teeth and get the design use a handheld dremel and carve one I did in white Corian my Dentist framed the Pen.

Enclose a pic of a Dental Hand Piece I modified fitted Slimline brasses made it into a pen.

Adental air connector on the top of another the ideas are endless. have fun I do.

Peter.

Attachments

• Dental Pen 5-8-2010 7-58-56 PM 260x594.JPG
    Dental Pen 5-8-2010 7-58-56 PM 260x594.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 353
  • Sandalwood and Dental Handpiece 5-15-2010 9-19-48.JPG
    Sandalwood and Dental Handpiece 5-15-2010 9-19-48.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 348

Gregf

Peter,

I really like the handpiece pen.
Would you be willing to describe the modifications you made to the handpiece ?

Thanks,

Greg

PenPal

Peter,

I really like the handpiece pen.
Would you be willing to describe the modifications you made to the handpiece ?

Thanks,

Greg

From memory the handpiece unscrews in the middle rip out the air water lines etc sleeve the top half with a Slimline brass the lower half cut and face sleeve with the other brass sleeve then thimple.

I was searching for others I have made differently sat in a pen rest of a slice of good old Aussie Burl using a shorter bottom timber section.

I used long nose pliers in the top part drills and whatever with the dentists mechanics they have tools to strip them in a few minutes.

I also choose to inset an Aussie Penny polished and sprayed into the pen rest with the Kangaroo of the birth year of the recipient after we went metric money in 66 the Australian Mint produces Pennies of each year since. I have used most of the Dentists accessories all very familiar to them and to their delight.

Highly amusing enclosures look up tooth fairy on Google hilarious anecdotes and cartoons.
Also Google Pam Ayers famous English Comediennes Poem Teeth and Spike Milligans Poem English Teeth.

Have extreme fun the pic of the Handpiece I made for a mate whose close family friend a young lady graduated as a Dentist they gave her this as a Graduation present. Some of these handpieces are real expensive and they tend to use them till they drop.

Send me a pm and tell me how you get on.

Kind regards Peter.

Gregf

Thanks Peter!

Looking at the inexpensive ones on ebay from China, they are one piece.
I may order a couple and try cutting them.

A few years ago I wanted some of the stainless tools dentist to use for sculptural glass bead making. No problem, my dentist loaned me his catalog. I placed an order on the suppliers website. A very short time later, I received a very nasty email, how dare I try to order dental tools, they only sell to licensed dentists?? I simply reordered and had them shipped to my dentist. I felt like I needed to smuggle them home in the trunk of my car. It's easier to buy assault rifles then dental tools!
Support your right to keep and bear dental tools! I always say.

Greg

79spitfire

Thanks Peter!

Looking at the inexpensive ones on ebay from China, they are one piece.
I may order a couple and try cutting them.

A few years ago I wanted some of the stainless tools dentist to use for sculptural glass bead making. No problem, my dentist loaned me his catalog. I placed an order on the suppliers website. A very short time later, I received a very nasty email, how dare I try to order dental tools, they only sell to licensed dentists?? I simply reordered and had them shipped to my dentist. I felt like I needed to smuggle them home in the trunk of my car. It's easier to buy assault rifles then dental tools!
Support your right to keep and bear dental tools! I always say.

Greg
It's because of the huge number of drive-by fillings in the past few years....

Top Bottom