Toni's Polymer Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philkessling

I finally got a couple of Toni's Sierra blanks. They are always sold out before I see them.
Any way, I have a few questions. Do you square the ends with sandpaper vice a pen mill? Do you sand the blanks to size vice using a skew? CA for the final finish?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I used my sander to square the ends and then just sanded the blank to size as it was pretty darn close the way it came. I put my normal CA finish on it and it turned out great.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I used my sander to square the ends and then just sanded the blank to size as it was pretty darn close the way it came. I put my normal CA finish on it and it turned out great.

I would say this is an ideal approach. No matter how you normally do a CA finish, I would start with thin CA, for a couple thin coats on Polyclay, just to reinforce the material.

philkessling

Thanks for the tips. You guys affirmed what I thought. Ed, I always start with several thin coats of CA as a sealant on wood and worthless wood blanks. Good to know that I won't have to change my finishing techniques. These sell out so quickly, I want to make sure I don't ruin them. This is the first time that they were not all sold out by the time I saw them. Still trying to get some more of John's pheasant feather blanks.

Top Bottom