Tonights color is violet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

I finished this one earlier this evening;

200511405740_BEBviolet.jpg

violet BEB and Titanium Gold. I know...now I need to find a hands-on class in photography[:I]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

You're right, Gary. The second picture is much better! The first one looks like you forgot to finish the pen. [;)] You made one fine pen. I have found the violet burls to sell very easily, both Boxelder and curly Poplar. Nice job!

Gary

Thanks everyone...I too really like the violet BEB. I'll have to try the violet popular next.

Please excuse the photo reposts. I didn't mean for this to turn into a photo session. This is the last one. In the first photo the pen was inside a light tent. In the second photo, I removed the light tent. This third photo (and last) is also outside the light tent but with a third light source (reflected) added. I just wanted to see how they looked together.

200511421045_BEBviolet6.jpg
<br />

PenWorks

The first photo was good, the secound was a touch better, your third is also good , but has more noticeable shadows. Any of them are good pics.

William Young

Awsome looking pen Gary.
The coloring is just great.

I havn't checked into this forum for a while. Got a full size lathe and have been playing with making some bigger stuff. Gotta get back and check out my freinds here more often.
W.Y.

Gary

Nice to see you back William. Now that you've moved on to the bigger stuff, don't forget your roots. Come back and visit us when you can.[:D]

pen-turners

Here it is with the shadows removed. I used Ulead PhotoImpact XL. It has an automatic filter called "high dynamic" range which equalizes out all the high and low points and is a tremendous help.

200511462629_shadowremoved.jpg

Gary

Originally posted by pen-turners
<br />Here it is with the shadows removed. I used Ulead PhotoImpact XL. It has an automatic filter called "high dynamic" range which equalizes out all the high and low points and is a tremendous help.

200511462629_shadowremoved.jpg

Thanks Chris, I have Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Photoshop. I'll see if I can find those functions in those two programs.

gerberpens

Great looking pen. I teach at a college whose colors are purple and white, so a pen like that would probably sell good in the bookstore. Hmmm, maybe I need to try and make a couple ... [:D]

Gary

Gary

Originally posted by gerberpens
<br />Great looking pen. I teach at a college whose colors are purple and white, so a pen like that would probably sell good in the bookstore. Hmmm, maybe I need to try and make a couple ... [:D]

Gary

Or let me make them for you...I'll cut you a deal on 20 of them[^]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom