TONI TWIST, STREAMLINE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasSteel

Does anyone know of a supplier that will sell just te center band for this pen? Penn state will sell parts but they don't have this pen.Toni Twist is woodcraft streamline is rockler...Please help!!![V]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hrigg

I've never found just the center band, although I've noticed Woodcraft is now selling Streamline pens. Not sure of the available flavors. It's pretty easy to make your own CB from wood or acrylic, though.

gerryr

Make your own centerbands out of scrap wood and you'll have a better looking pen. Also, don't buy them at Woodcraft or Rockler, buy from Arizona Silhouette and you'll be able to get good platings and cheaper.

Scott

Hi Jeff!

Welcome to the IAP! I hope you and your Son will enjoy penturning! If I'm not mistaken the Toni kit is the Woodcraft name for Streamlined Slimline kit from Berea. If you need just one centerband, I may have one laying around, as I often just leave the centerband off. But I mostly use chrome plating in these kits, so it would be white metal rather than gold. You may try contacting Berea, but I have found that most Woodcraft stores will have odd bits and pieces of pen kits around, and should have some centerbands. If you want to try something fun, try making the pen without the centerband - it open up lots of possibilities!

Have fun!

Scott.

ahoiberg

just to add to what scott said, I've got quite a few colors of centerbands sitting around (these are the ones from woodturningz, which I BELIEVE are the same as berea, am i wrong?) so if you'll supply us with which kit it is, i'm sure one of us can manage to find an extra one to send you.

TexasSteel

Originally posted by Scott
Thanks Scott, I use the band when I use the .30-30 cartridge for the lower half. That calibur is short and the band seems to balance the pen..
<br />Hi Jeff!

Welcome to the IAP! I hope you and your Son will enjoy penturning! If I'm not mistaken the Toni kit is the Woodcraft name for Streamlined Slimline kit from Berea. If you need just one centerband, I may have one laying around, as I often just leave the centerband off. But I mostly use chrome plating in these kits, so it would be white metal rather than gold. You may try contacting Berea, but I have found that most Woodcraft stores will have odd bits and pieces of pen kits around, and should have some centerbands. If you want to try something fun, try making the pen without the centerband - it open up lots of possibilities!

Have fun!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom