Tomorrow is National Teacher Appreciation Day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

There have been a number of teachers in my pen turning learning and development. As I ruminated on the topic a few come to mind as helping to shape my techniques and approaches.

Don Ward has had a significant effect on my approach to the art. Don has always been free in sharing his experience and his techniques. At the same time, he is always open to alternatives. Don retired from active paid teaching, but has never left the opportunity to teach behind.

When I started turning pens, Jay Pickens was one of those who was trying new things and sharing openly. Jay through his sharing has been a foundational teacher for me.

Rich Kleinhenz has moderated a yahoo group and published articles on how to make writing instruments that go beyond the norm. His outreach has help me better understand the balance on precision and art. A good teacher by example, Rich makes great pens and shares his knowledge freely.

Thanks to all the others who have contributed in so many ways --

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotian12

Hi Ken...I certainly would agree with your choice of these three outstanding teachers. I've been turning pens for over 8 years now and these three certainly influenced my technique and passion for penturning. I would also like to add two more teachers that have helped me over the years....Pat Lawson and Kurt Hertzog. My thanks to them and to the many other penturners on this group for your sharing of your knowledge and time. Darrell Eisner

Jim15

There are way to many names to mention, so I would just like to thank everyone who has offer their knowledge and encouragement to those of us that need it.

Top Bottom