Today's lesson learned...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikeschn

I've done a few PSI Classic Elite 2's. So when it was time to make a PSI Classic Rollerball I didn't bother reading the directions. And since I didn't have the original tubes, I cut 2 new tubes, the same length as I would have for the Classic Elite 2. It wasn't until the pen was assembled, and I dropped the refill in, that I realized something was wrong. So I had to take the pen apart, cut it down to the correct length, and reassemble. Geesh. That was this morning.

This afternoon I thought I'd make another pen. This time it was the Premium Classic Rollerball from WoodTurningz. I was very careful to read the directions and determine the correct length of the tubes. Everything else looked the same as the Classic Elite 2. Until I went to assemble the pen. O-Rings. Oh cool. I put them on the wrong side of the coupler. Ouch, I had to disassemble it. Then I went to press in the center band. HUH? Something is wrong... Oh, I have to turn a tenon. Geesh! Tenon turned, pen assembled. Nice pen! But I had to do everything twice!

I guess today's lesson is, don't assume anything, and read the directions!

Whew! It's been a rough day!

Mike...

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikeschn

Here's the pics...

The black pen needed shortening.

The brown one needed a tenon! :good:

Attachments

• psi_classic.jpg
    psi_classic.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 195