Today's find

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I stopped by a local wood shop today on the way home from work just to dig through the trash bin for something that looked promising. Here was the result. Most of this is Cherry and Maple, but bottom left is a piece of Bubinga and to its right is a piece of Makore.

200551841721_find1.jpg

Again most of this is also Cherry, but the two pieces on the right are Walnut. One has finish on it, but not for long.

200551842151_find2.jpg

The 8/4 Maple in the first pic looks slightly curly, but you can't tell that from the photo. I can't wait to get to the Bubinga and Makore.:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDWine

Yeah... tell me that none of you are eyeing fallen trees, stumps, and pallets as you drive around... I'm even looking over discarded furniture!!!

WE are the normal ones... everyone else has a problem !!!! [:D][;)]

Dario

Originally posted by MDWine
<br />Yeah... tell me that none of you are eyeing fallen trees, stumps, and pallets as you drive around... I'm even looking over discarded furniture!!!

WE are the normal ones... everyone else has a problem !!!! [:D][;)]

I said this in another forum and I'll say it here too...people pick up coins on the street. These wood have more value than coins so why not!

My in-laws call me "termite" for eyeing every wood that we pass by. It is contagious too...now they scout for me and tell me where to look whenever I visit. Even reminds me to bring my chainsaw to make sure that will be ready LOL. They are the best!!! [:)]

alamocdc

I'm a real wood pack rat... always have been. My wife used to really bust my chops about it. Only in the past few months has she begun to tell me that she saw some discarded lumber or some pieces of log someone was throwing out. It's really quite amusing!

mikes pens

I once found a solid cedar dresser in the garbage. I ran it through the surface planer and was left with a lot of fantastic cedar. I love garbage day. Plus, if you are lucky, you might find a terrific sandwich.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom