Tips for gluing ring onto cap?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wortmanb

If the pen has a decorative ring near the opening, how do you all make sure it stays there? Especially the segmented rings.

I used gap-filling ca on my first such ring and it wasn't entirely without messiness (and a part of the ring got marred by the glue, as did a touch of the cap acrylic too).

I'd like to not screw another one up....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LL Woodworks

The good thing about using epoxy is that it can be cleaned off while wet with denatured alcohol, thus keeping the hardware clean and new looking, can't do that with CA.

wortmanb

The good thing about using epoxy is that it can be cleaned off while wet with denatured alcohol, thus keeping the hardware clean and new looking, can't do that with CA.

Well, that alone will push me over to Woodcraft tomorrow for some. Just curious, do you use 5 minute for gluing tubes in blanks as well?

Lenny

Well, that alone will push me over to Woodcraft tomorrow for some. Just curious, do you use 5 minute for gluing tubes in blanks as well?

I do ! I prefer it over CA for slightly longer working time, good gap filling properties and it's still setup and ready to work in just a few minutes.

Absolutely! I used to swear over Gorilla glue, but 5 min epoxy is my choice today. I still use GG but much much less than 5mE.

Top Bottom