Tinting ca glue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wob50

Hello new here but was looking on the site and saw something about tinting c/a glue as this sounds good.Any info is welcomed, Robert

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TDE

Tinting ca

Are you sure they weren't tinting epoxy? Lots of people tint the epoxy when gluing tubes in for acrylics that you would be able to see the tubes. Welcome to the site. Ted

BSea

I've tinted epoxy, but never CA. But it might work on thick CA. But whatever you do, only use a very small amount of paint. A full drop is way too much, and will affect the drying time of epoxy (and maybe the strength too). You're not trying to use the tint to color the tube or blank, only to minimize a scratched tube or blank should that happen.

FastCap sells CA Glue Tint powders. Red, White, black, Blue, Brown, and Yellow. I have tried tinting with these powders with mixed results. Some worked just great, while a couple made the CA Glue harden immediately! White has never worked at all, just hardens right away. If anyone wants to try some, I'll send a container for the cost of shipping. The containers are small (about 2" dia X 1" high) but the powder is extremely concentrated. Maybe I have just been using too much, but if you want some, just PM me.

Top Bottom